Monday, 20 July 2009

Week 20 - end of RXT worry beads

Well today was a bit of a momentous day, I suppose, because I had my last fractionated stereotactic radiotherapy (FSRT) session. I must say that it is a relief to have finished the 28 sessions and to know that there will no longer be a daily hike into the city Monday - Friday.

And yet it seemed so unsatisfactory an ending in many ways ..... I said my good-byes and my thanks to the three radiotherapy technicians on duty and wandered out of the hospital with John feeling totally FLAT.

Well, not flat exactly by sort of unsupported and quite scared. No advice sheet, no contact information, nothing. Now, I know that this is totally stupid because I have an excellent GP who I know I can turn to at any time BUT .............

What next?

Just have to wait and see, I suppose.