Sunday, 27 June 2010

Catch up .....

Well its hard to believe that a year ago I was undergoing six weeks of radiotherapy! .... a lot has happened since then, both good and not so good. However, I am still here and functioning ... maybe not on all cylinders but most of 'em!

Since my last post at the beginning of May I seem to have been well occupied with all sorts of things. So much so that it hasn't mattered too much that I have still not heard from the neurologist regarding my MRI result ... he has obviously given me up as a bad job!


Anyway blow him ..... I have been busy with art and have completed 3 new paintings. I've also been active with indoor bowling at our local club and have been selected to represent our district in a couple of team events.

But best of all I've been to USA with John for a week to meet up with our youngest daughter and her new husband!
They travelled from UK to get married in Las Vegas and we were able to watch the wedding LIVE via the Internet .... it was lovely and so beautifully arranged (not a bit how I had imagined!).




Afterwards they hired a car and stayed in the Yosemite National Park on their way to San Francisco where we met up for a few days.




John and I had a couple of days on our own before they arrived and we explored Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39, Union Square, the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art and a bay cruise. Once Mel and Dave arrived we did the Wharf and Pier again and also went on the obligatory trip to Alcatraz. This was very well worth doing and a great experience. Our best day together was a coach trip to the Napa Valley for wine-tasting ... the countryside and winery buildings were really beautiful. Plus the wine was pretty good too!

All too soon it was time for the long haul flight home (13 hours). I wish that we could have had longer together but am so thankful to have been able to make the trip.