Friday, 9 November 2012

' I have much ado to know myself '


"In sooth, I know not why I am so sad: It wearies me; you say it wearies you; But how I caught it, found it, or came by it, What stuff 'tis made of, whereof it is born, I am to learn; And such a want-wit sadness makes of me, That I have much ado to know myself."       [Antonio, 'The Merchant of Venice']' 

There is no excuse. I have so much to be thankful for, and so very much to look forward to. And yet I feel like weeping. 

It seems that all the dark and worrisome things in this world are gaining ground. I want to fight against them but I don't know if I have the energy. I can easily understand why people become reclusive. Inner peace and silence is so hard to come by.

I am indeed a 'want-wit' these days!

But family and true friends are the rocks I cling to and it is thanks to them that I do not sink.


No comments: